Carpe Iter Controllers now work with Garmin Navigation app on Garmin Tread Overland edition
Specific command map:
Map orientation – short press on button for Map Centering
Map Centering – long-press on button for Map Centering
Default key map is listed on each specific controller type page (click)
See it in action
You need to install Carpe Iter Controller app, otherwise the controller will not work. This is how to do it:
1. Download Carpe Iter Controller app to your PC or Mac:
2. Connect your Garmin Tread Overland device to your computer via USB-C cable and transfer the downloaded file into the “Downloads” folder on your Tread.
If you struggle transferring the file, please consult Garmin Tread Overland manual or Garmin support forums. Transferring the Controller app installation file works exactly same way like transferring anything else into the Garmin Tread Overland memory.
6. When you first open the Controller app (the previous point), you will also get a request to approve a permission to run on the background. Please approve that also (this permission ensures that the operating system is not killing our background service that is essential for proper controller functionality).
7. When you run the Carpe Iter Controller app for the first time, you will be requested to approve series of permissions and enable Carpe Accessibility services. Please approve everything and start the Carpe Accessibility service, of the controller will not work. This connection routine is exactly the same for all our controllers on all Android devices and is not specific for Garmin Tread Overland (i.e. you do not need to worry:-)
DONE and ready to use 🙂
The whole installation process is also shown in this video tutorial:
Did you know, you can run Locus Map on Garmin Tread Overland? Check down below on this page for installation instructions
Locus Map installation instructions:
1. Download Locus Map installation file to your PC or Mac:
2. Go through steps 2 through 6 above for installing Carpe Iter Controller app. The only difference will be that you will download/transfer the Locus Map installation apk. Otherwise the process is identical to installing Carpe Iter Controller app. You can also check installation video tutorial:
Known bugs (working on it):
tested Tread Overlander operating system version: QP1A.190711.020. Tested Garmin Navigation version: 9.60