[Sticky] Features

21 Posts
11 Users
1 Reactions
carpe-admin
(@carpe-admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hey everybody. If you didn't, please check the initial information here and watch the video. It is just the first draft and we would really appreciate a lot any kind of feedback you might have - what features you would like to see, comments on the layout, really anything. We are making it for you so you should have a say in what it will do and how exactly it will do it. 

Comment on this post or feel free to open new topics for specific features.

(@simon-astor)

Good afternoon,

I installed the new next gen HUD today on my CI v4b with test ride on 2023 R1250GS

1.  The speed (set to mph in settings) is way off and reading 10 to 20 mph above the speedometer.
2. Even though units are set to mph the trip counter is only displaying in Kilometers  

On a positive note, I had no issues installing, launching or connecting to the new HUD

ReplyQuote
Support Carpe Iter
(@support-carpe-iter)
Member Admin

@simon-astor Sorry about that. We hadn't checked mile calculations. We will look into it.

ReplyQuote
(@oliverschneeweiss)

Iloaded a GPX-Track from the TET App direct on the CI. If i import the GPX-Track into the NGH i get an error. MAybe an issue on the NGH-App?

ReplyQuote
(@dieter-tetzner)

Hello Carpe-Iter team,
Unfortunately I can't find Next-gen HUD in the Google Playstore.
When will it be available there?

ReplyQuote
(@e-hazelhorst)

@dieter-tetzner 

As far as I know there is only the controller app. Next Gen.. should be a 'near?' feature function as function of this app.

Gtz,

Emiel

ReplyQuote
Support Carpe Iter
(@support-carpe-iter)
Member Admin

@dieter-tetzner So far, Next Gen Hud can be found in the app shelf of the Manager app. It is only available on the newest version of A11. Make sure to perform the "additional system updates" feature if you cannot find it on the app shelf.

ReplyQuote
(@simon-astor)

What is your timeline on updates to the NGH? 

With the mph not working, it’s completely unusable for me.

A blog with frequent updates on development of the NGH and CI pad would be great. I’d love to be able to see what the development looks like and what upgrades to expect in the future. A blog would let me feel like I’m a part of the development process. Right now, I feel left in the dark on the whole thing. 

dhlagerstrom reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dhlagerstrom)

I really agree with you.

Feedback and a preliminary roadmap would be very nice.

My primary concern is that the BMW Connected Ride app (Android phone connected to a BMW ConnectedRide Cradle) LOSES MAJOR FEATURES when the CI BMW Control Kit (BMW Control Hub and BMW Control Buttons) is installed.

ReplyQuote
(@simon-astor)

Any updates? Anything happening with the NGH?

ReplyQuote
(@schritta)

Is there anny possibility to auto start the NGH at boot?

and so that it start with "my apps" instead off the dash from the BMW.

I aim using carpe iter CI_pad_v4b android 11 build V4B.20240205

ReplyQuote
(@llodiers)

Why is there no responce from you guys??  Type something...... Like working hard on a update.... 🥴🥴

ReplyQuote
Support Carpe Iter
(@support-carpe-iter)
Member Admin

Hello, sorry for the silence. we are working on the app and are taking all of the feedback in for consideration. We are happy that you are trying the app and giving us your opinions. Auto start of the app is definitely a feature we will look into. Once again, thank you for the feedback.

ReplyQuote
(@schritta)

I find it a little strange that we can't choose how NGH starts. I don't need the fancy dashboard. Already have the TFT on my BMW. So it should be managed in the setting of NGH. Also the button with the map icon should be programmable, to choose which navigation app it opens.

ReplyQuote
(@schritta)

If we call home then it should  go the home screen off the NGH not the home screen of the device

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: