Notifications
Clear all

Controlling Garmin Tread

10 Posts
7 Users
1 Likes
(@geoff-murray)
Topic starter  

I saw in recent Youtube videos that you can now control the Garmin Tread using the BMW whizwheel and your BMW controller which is very cool. Is this also possible with the Garmin Zumo XT2?

carpe-admin
(@carpe-admin)
Member Admin

Unfortunately not. At least not at the moment. ZumoXT2 has washed down operating system (unlike Tread 8 and 10 inch). But are planning to look into that over winter πŸ™‚

Β 

ReplyQuote
(@pietn)

Is it possible to connect the Adventure Control to a Garmin XT Navigator?

Β 

ReplyQuote
carpe-admin
(@carpe-admin)
Member Admin

Posted by: @pietn

Is it possible to connect the Adventure Control to a Garmin XT Navigator?

Β 

unfortunately not. XT doesn't support connecting anything besides headset

Β 

ReplyQuote
(@marc-homlicher)

Hi,

i have installed the BMW Control HUB on my Garmin Tread Overland Edition with the apk-version 2.93 from the support page.

in The main Map-view (Navigation) of Garmin the zoom in/out is not working correct. Wheel up zooms out (logical inverted) an Wheel down will end in jumping arround on the map to set user-waypoint…

Β 

In the map- view by entering with panning, the zoom with the wheel works correct.

How the problem in the main-map can be fixed? Is there a fixed apk-version planned?

ReplyQuote
(@carsten-uffmann)

@Carpe Support: No answer? Here the same.Β 

ReplyQuote
Support Carpe Iter
(@support-carpe-iter)
Member Admin

@carsten-uffmann Unfortunately, this has to be a problem on the side of the device. Is your device set to english with the standard keyboard layout? It is possible, that different keyboards may cause input misinterpretation. If that is not the case, then it must have happened in some app update on the Garmin. You can try using a different app, Locus map is available. Check the tutorial here:
https://carpe-iter.eu/handlebar-controller-for-garmin-tread-overland/

ReplyQuote
(@carsten-uffmann)

The problem with the Garmin Tread is that in the main view of the map the zoom does not work using the keyboard. Shortly after the market launch, this worked flawlessly (using a connected Bluetooth keyboard and Wunderlinq): Zoom in and zoom out using the + and - buttons. Then there was a firmware update and the zoom by key (+/-) was removed from the main view. The problem with the Wunderlinq could be circumvented by simulating a keystroke on the screen using a keymapper (I have the exact coordinates). It would therefore be quite easy to integrate the BMW Control Hub on the Garmin Tread without having to use other software.

ReplyQuote
(@carsten-uffmann)

@marc-homlicher Please contact me per mail carsten@uffmann.org

ReplyQuote
(@alfredo-peixoto)

@carpe-adminΒ 

Hi All,Β 

Do you have any news about compatibilty between WunderLink and Garmin XT2?Β 

Thank for any information.

ReplyQuote
Share: