Clear all

ADV Controller android App Can't get past setup

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@gmannv)
Topic starter  

Hello,

I've tried support and I am hoping this avenue might help. I have an ADV controller which worked fine on my Android walkman for controlling music playback. I upgraded the Android OS and had no connection, no problem forget device and re-pair. Still nothing then I uninstalled the app and re-installed now I am screwed. I am able to pair the controller fine and it works controlling the device but the app will not get past the connection part of setup.

I give all the permissions then it goes to connect and and then immediately goes to the turn on location screen which location is on and it has permission for precise. Turn it off turn it on and the app just goes back to connect then right back to turn on location in an endless loop. The controller is connected! but the damn app won't finish setup and therefore I cannot get to the hud to get to media control.

Is there any way to fix this? Any way to make the stupid app recognize the controller is connected and finish setup so I can use it?

When it worked it was the solution to easily control track forward and back play pause etc. now it is just a lump.

Please help and thanks

(@gmannv)
Topic starter  

Here is the update: After hearing back from support that I needed to test the GPS in the Sony ZX707 Walkman, while it has google maps, etc and is running Android 13, it turns out is has no GPS.

I'm not sure how it ever connected enough to set up the app the first time which is why I was so frustrated after re-installing the app that it wouldn't go past location.

I bought a usb GPS dongle, turned on developer options and was then able to get the app to go past the location screen and connect successfully.

The controller works great for controlling the walkman which gives me HD FLAC audio on long rides.

Again, thank you to support  for the GPS test suggestion, that is what brought it all together.

Great product, great company.

ReplyQuote
Share: