Notifications
Clear all

BMW Controller and Google Maps

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
(@john-holmes)
Topic starter  

I have the BMW Control Hub and Controller Buttons fitted to my BMW R1250GS. All buttons and wonderwheel commands seem to work as expected except the wonderwheel re-centring function in Google Maps on my Samsung S22. All the other BMW Control Hub wonderwheel functions operate (zoom in, zoom out, change to HUD display) in Google Maps, and the wonderwheel re-centring function does work in Waze and in Locus Map. The wonderwheel works properly with all the bike’s own functions and with the Hex Ezcans installed on the bike. 

I’ve tried reloading the Controller app, and unpairing and repairing the device with my phone, with no effect. There was one occasion when Google Maps re-centring did work, but it failed again the next time I turned on the bike’s ignition.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Did you manage to fix it? If so, how? Any help greatly appreciated.

carpe-admin
(@carpe-admin)
Member Admin

Hi John, following up on your tickets on our support system, you are the only one with that problem we are aware of. I suppose your phone is switching off our Accessibility service, which is essential for proper controller function in apps such as Google Maps. You can test if the service is running by calling the HUD. If HUD doesn't come up, the service has been killed by the operating system and you need to restart it.  

ReplyQuote
carpe-admin
(@carpe-admin)
Member Admin

Just tested on my s22 after Android 14 update (installed just for you;-). All works as it should with BMW Control. So in case the map overview function in Google Maps is not working for you, it is not a general problem. If the culprit is not the operating system shutting down our service, your BMW Multicontroller (wonderwheel) might be malfunctioning (not providing reliable long press. They do break)

ReplyQuote
(@tom71)

Hi. I'm New Here.I have the CI tab4b with BMW Control hub in my BMW r1300GS. I can use the original BMW Multicontroller eonderwheell with dmd2 bit Not with Google Maps and neither with Kurviger. 🤔 

Tom

ReplyQuote
(@fabio-giorgini)

@carpe-admin Hi, I have exactly the same problem, everything works correctly a part from the long right press. Any suggestion on how to fix it?If it is the wonderwheel, do you have any knowledge if it is even possible to fix it?

Alternatively, would it be possible to  "custmize" another button (I have also the right hand buttons) to provide the same function? Do the right hand buttons accept long press as well?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Support Carpe Iter
(@support-carpe-iter)
Member Admin

BMW do wonderwheel replacements. Customising another button is not currently available.

ReplyQuote
Share: