Notifications
Clear all

Adventure Controllerbutton action problem

8 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
(@avion)
Topic starter  

Hi, I am using an Adventure Controller with a DMD T-865 tablet. Recently the back (-) button has stopped zooming out on the map, and the enter (top) button has begun to give a long press action if only momentarily touched. It is impossible to get any other reaction other than long press whether it is pressed quickly or more firmly.

I would be grateful for any observations, before I have to consider returning it under warranty.

carpe-admin
(@carpe-admin)
Member Admin

Which map?

ReplyQuote
(@avion)
Topic starter  

@carpe-admin I first noticed it trying to zoom out on the uk map on my DMD T-865 but following a reply to a ticket (#506) that I raised I have checked the button functions and the bottom button doesnt react. I have disconnected and re-installed the controller but the result is the same

ReplyQuote
carpe-admin
(@carpe-admin)
Member Admin

T-865 is hardware. Not an app. Do you mean you have issues with DMD application? If so, you need to contact DMD. They handle all the controller inputs on their end. You can test controller function on any other supported app - if it works in other apps, the problem is DMD, not our controller. Btw., you do use the Carpe Controller app, correct? (to be downloaded from Play Store)

This post was modified 8 months ago 2 times by carpe-admin

ReplyQuote
carpe-admin
(@carpe-admin)
Member Admin

p.s. there is also controller testing interface in the Carpe Controller app - Settings - Test controller buttons. If action is correct there, the problem is most likely DMD

ReplyQuote
(@avion)
Topic starter  

@carpe-admin  I have tested the button functions using the controller testing interface in the Carpe Controller app. The bottom button does not show any reaction in that app.

I( have subsequently disconnected the controller and re-installed it. Using the test facility in the CI controller app I have tested the buttons again, but there is still no response from the bottom button. Can you confirm that the Controller app is discrete and not affected by any other app?

ReplyQuote
(@avion)
Topic starter  

This morning in order to try to isolate the problem, I have deleted the CI controller from the Bluetooth connection with the tablet, and for good measure I have also uninstalled the CI controller app from the tablet and powered off the tablet. I have connected the CI controller to my One Plus 7T Android phone via Bluetooth, installed the CI controller app and gone through the setup procedure. All the buttons/thumbstick test ok except the bottom button. This suggests to me that the problem is with the CI controller. What do you think?

ReplyQuote
Support Carpe Iter
(@support-carpe-iter)
Member Admin

RESOLUTION: We had a chat with David and realised a 3rd party keyboard (Swiftkey) was at blame. After uninstalling it (returning back to the stock one) it works again.

ReplyQuote
Share: