Clear all

GPS re-fix after connection lost

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@martinw)
Topic starter  

Hello!

I recently bought a CI Pad, it works very well for my requirements.
However, I occasionally have a problem with the GPS. If the CI has an unrestricted view of the satellites, it quickly has a GPS fix. The GPS-fix remains stable, but as soon as the connection is lost for any reason (e.g. if I take it into a building), the CI no longer gets a GPS fix, even when I'm outside again - until I reboot it. This then works reliably, but is laborious.

I have tried to reset the chip using GPSTune3 (current version 1.05) and have also carried out a factory reset several times without success.

What can I do to get an automatic GPS re-fix in the event of a signal loss?
And one more question: Is it recommended to always start and run the GPSTune app when navigating with the CI?

Thanks for any help and best regards,
Martin

Support Carpe Iter
(@support-carpe-iter)
Member Admin

This will hopefully be improved in the upcoming gpstune update. If your GPS is not connecting, then we recommend opening the GPS Tune app. Please have a look at this faq article: https://support.carpe-iter.com/a/solutions/articles/201000047260

ReplyQuote
(@martinw)
Topic starter  

@support-carpe-iter 

Thank you for the answer and the information.

I have gone through the steps described in the FAQ, but they do not help with the issue mentioned here.

You can simply trigger the problem by doing the following:
1. start CI and wait for GPS fix
2. open GPSTune3 and check that the current position is located with proper accuracy
3. close GPSTune3, this interrupts the GPS fix
4. open GPSTune3 again - the GPS fix is no longer available and cannot be restored except by rebooting the device.

ReplyQuote
Support Carpe Iter
(@support-carpe-iter)
Member Admin

@martinw This is not normal behaviour. As long as the device is on, then there should be a gps signal, which means a repeated location lock should be instant. If you have gone through the GPS reset and setup process, and the issue still persists, please perform a factory reset and try again. It is possible that the issue is caused by a user installed app, which would be erased during the reset.

If this doesn't help, you will need to send the device in for service. If that is the case, please submit a support ticket with this interaction linked. Make sure to backup any data you wish to keep before sending us the device.

ReplyQuote
(@martinw)
Topic starter  

@support-carpe-iter 

Thank you for your quick reply and clarification.
I have already done a factory reset several times but the problem still persists - even without an additional app installed.

I will initiate a support ticket.

ReplyQuote
Share: