[Closed] Android 11 update

167 Posts
35 Users
21 Reactions
carpe-admin
(@carpe-admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

As much as we wanted to make that happen within August, it is going to slip into September. Sorry guys. We do what we can, but the finishing touches are taking longer than expected. Either way, it is really going to be days (more than couple, though). 

Upon release, some of the advanced features such as charging limitation for on-the-bike use and auto-start/auto-power down will not be present. They will come a bit later through an update (no user data loss). 

Also GPS fine-tuning will be done a bit later. That said, you will see improvement in stability immediately after update already. 

(@peter-gross)
Eminent Member

I hope you really cracked it.

I hope I can save a lot of time for a lot of people by my findings about the wifi problem.

My problem have been enduring disruptions of my wifi connection to my home network and to my phone via hotspot. It took me more then a week to find out whats wrong . I had about 10 r installations.

My home wifi configuration is a router 7590 with several repeaters, all running 2,4 and 5 mhz in parallel. Until today I had never a network problem with any device including my carpe iter with android 9.

When I upgraded to android11 the shit started. I tried every possible configuration on the 7590 router including cutting of 5 mhz changing mac adress from Auto to manual., shutting of ipv 6 and soon and soon. The funny thing was that also the tethering with my phone did not work.

I send the pad to my dealer he tried in different networks the tab worked with no problems. I got the pad back the problems were back again.

Then I started my last try and this was the solution.

I did not connect to my home network directly . I even did not install the home wifi network. I only installed my phone with tethering and the phone conncts to the home network and ....tada ..... it worked. 

But this should not be the end because there are a lot of Fritz Boxes out there. In germany they lead the market by more than 50%.

I personally think the problem is in the overlap of the different repeaters and the router because this disturbed also the connection to my phone. Maybe there is a function in the wifi software on the tab to connect always to the strongest source and this attempt fails. 

So I hope carpe is successfull in adapting the wifi implementation so the carpe tab integrates and connects without probs in Fritz networks.

For now I have a WORKARROUND NOT A SOLUTION

(@peter-gross)
Eminent Member

Problem with Carpe Manager. After Shutdown of the tablet and restart the settings in screen rotation and screen orientation are off again. I didnt find any means to fix this. When i lock screen rotation in the systenm settings system stays in Prortrait mode

carpe-admin
(@carpe-admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @peter-gross

Problem with Carpe Manager. After Shutdown of the tablet and restart the settings in screen rotation and screen orientation are off again. I didnt find any means to fix this. When i lock screen rotation in the systenm settings system stays in Prortrait mode

thx for heads up. We will fix this

(@peterk)
Eminent Member

@peter-gross Peter, I have a UNIFI infrastructure with several WIFI accesspoints and one repeater(overlapping) and never had any issues, neither with Android 9 nor with Android 11. Your problem looks very specific.

Best

Peter

(@genaventura)

@carpe-admin I have a MI-PAD-V3 tablet, is it also possible to update?

(@genaventura)

SORRY,  CI-PAD-V3

(@lesjen)

Hi! After solving the file transfer, Couldn't get it to work on Windows10. Saw the Tab but no file structure. I installed Android file transfer on my Mac and there it was.

Update went well, following the video. But I've got considerable network problems, loosing connection frequently. Have tried both 5Ghz and 2,4 Ghz. Very difficult to download maps.

Running the app GPSTune3 and trying to download Assist Online and Offline always ends in a "failed 167 of 167 commands" for the online part. Offline has the same but 660 commands.

At the moment I'm not able to deactivate my license at the Thork site but I'm in contact with Joao about that and I'm expecting it to be solved eventually.

My Tab is a Ci_pad_v4B

I would appreciate feedback if you have suggestions. Thanks 🙂

This post was modified 7 months ago by lesjen

(@peter-gross)
Eminent Member

Ich warte immer noch auf das für die letzte Woche versprochene Update, welches die WIFI Probleme lösen soll. Warum hat sich das verzögert?

LMa
(@lma)
Eminent Member

Is there any way I can reinstall GPSTune3.apk?  That app simply doesn't work after the upgrade.

(@dmp-paolo)

I used CA_pad_v4b for 10 days in Tunisia, Android 11 beta mainly with DMD2. I was very satisfied.
I have sometimes only encountered problems with turning off and restarting 3-4 consecutive times, probably due to the CPU overheating while charging the device
I have two questions:
An official Android 11 version has been released or are we still in the beta?
The update happen automatically (OTA system) or is it necessary to reinstall the entire operating system? If so, where can I find the official version?
Thank you all, good work and happy travels!

IMG_0591.jpeg

Support Carpe Iter
(@support-carpe-iter)
Member Admin

Posted by: @genaventura

I have a MI-PAD-V3 tablet, is it also possible to update?

@genaventura Unfortunately, not.

This post was modified 7 months ago by Support Carpe Iter

LMa
(@lma)
Eminent Member

Hi.  Is there any news about the official upgrade (not beta)? It's been almost a month since I reported some problems with screen rotation and GPS fixes and I still haven't been able to find a solution. The pad is useless without a working GPS.

As I mentioned I think that something went wrong during the update and GPSTune 3 is unfunctional. I tried every suggestion but had no luck getting things fixed. 

@carpe-admin : Should I consider sending you a device, or do you think we could do something online?  PM maybe, not to clutter the forum if you think it's a one-off problem?

BTW I reopened a ticket since I consider the problem is not solved.  I would really appreciate some feedback.

BR, Marko

(@podium_pitta-0v)

@carpe-admin Do we have the update?

It's bee like two weeks since we started prayers:)

Maybe you can pin the post with the latest update somewhere on the top this topic?

(@dmp-paolo)

The tool is very good but the part concerning the operating system and software disappoints me a bit. So much confusion
I also regret the fact that DMD2 will no longer be present.
I'm thinking of selling it...

carpe-admin
(@carpe-admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@podium_pitta-0v we are doing more testing and at the same time are trying to finish automatic update tool together with this update, so it is taking a bit longer

Page 10 / 12
Share: