Carpe Iter BMW Control
Designed specifically for BMW GS bikes MY 2013 equipped with BMW Multi-controller. Plus some other non-GS models (see below for overview of tested models)
Compatible with both non-TFT and TFT bikes
Take use of the BMW Multi-Controller to control all apps supported by Carpe Iter controllers
Additional (and optional) 4 buttons to mount on the bike throttle assembly – no need to relocate stock instruments (bikes with e-throttle)
Front wheel magnetic sensor support for true distance readings (should you want to take it a rally event one day)
Reading basic information from the connected motorcycle (electronic dashboard showing speed, revs, gear and more coming later in 2023 through free of charge software update)
Connectors with 12V out to power additional accessories
Plug and Play
The BMW Control Kit composes of two main parts – the BMW Control Hub and the BMW Control Buttons. If you are only interested in basic functionality, like zooming, map centering and access to Carpe Iter HUD, you can only get the Hub. For full functionality, however, you will need both the Hub and the Buttons. In case you will reconsider later, the BMW Control Buttons are also available as separate accessory.
Did you already get BMW Connected Ride cradle? No problem – you can keep using it and take control of your phone beyond BMW Connected app. But should you like to, BMW Connect app will work with our BMW Control, too. You just need to get our BMW Connected Ride Adapter Cable to be able to power it easily.
BMW Control also provides pass-through for power. You can connect the power source for the Carpe Iter Pad (CI Pad), BMW Connected Ride Cradle or anything else. Same power limitations apply as to the original connector on your bike – please consult the User manual for your specific model.
WARNING: the GS in your motorcycle model name is really important. GS line is not the same like other BMW Motorrad line-ups.
In every case, however, the following compatibility requirements need to be met:
- Manufacturing year 2013 and newer (! manufacturing year, not the year when the bike was first purchased!);
- Motorcycle is equipped with BMW Multi-Controller;
- “navigation” option is enabled in the motorcycle firmware. All Adventure models have that option enabled, if they came with the “Preparation for navigation kit” installed as standard accessory. Other models will have the navigation option enabled, if the BMW Navigator V or VI Mount Cradle is installed on them now or was installed in the past. You do NOT need the BMW Navigator Mount Cradle to use BCMD Hub;
- Motorcycle models is among “GS” line, unless another specific model is declared by Carpe Iter as compatible (please check this product page or section of our website dedicated to BMW Control for updated list of other compatible models – the list will grow as we continue to test more motorcycle models).
- WARNING: to use BMW Control Buttons, you need a bike with e-throttle grip (not the older, thin Bowden style – e.g. part No. 61317708220 or 61317708228 and similarly styled throttle assemblies. They are much thinner than the e-throttle).
Other than GS supported models: