How to tell if the charging issues are software or hardware:
- Connect CI Pad to a power source (USB wall charger or powered Lightweight holder or M8 charging cable with your bike started)
- go to Power&Charge tab in the Carpe Manager app;
- is connection to power source indicated without interruptions? It is for sure not hardware related issue.
- does the battery stay above 50% (CI Pad does not discharge completely while riding)? It is most likely intended behavior – our algorithms cycle between charging and discharging to ensure longer battery life and to prevent overheating. You will rarely see 100% battery level, while the AI charging algorithms are enabled on the Power&Charge tab in the Carpe Manager app.
Charging algorithms explained:
- you can tell which cycle is currently enabled on the Power&Charge tab in the Carpe Manager app. There are the following possible states:
A. Charging unconditioned
B. Discharging unconditioned
C. Charging cycle up
D. Discharging Cycle Up (yes, it does also charge now and then even when the cycle is “discharging”)
E. Discharging Cycle Down
F. Charging Cycle down (yes, it does also discharge how and then even when the cycle is “charging”)
- The various charging cycles mean that even though the cycle might be “charging”, you can see the Current Now drop to negatives. That is perfectly fine and it is intended behavior.
To sum it up, if your battery does not drop below 50% while being connected to a power source, stop worrying about it – everything is fine;-).